Those eyes, though!!
So, I got to thinking the other day and realised two things –
- We can never have too many alphas on our E-readers. Right?!
- Christmas is a time of giving and as women we rarely give to ourselves.
And so I decided that you probably didn't give yourself a Christmas present, which led me to also deciding your Kindle might be in need of an alpha injection 😉
AND that's when I whipped up a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card… the link to enter is at the end of this post. Good luck!!
Speaking of alphas… Scott Cole – have you met him yet? He's one of my Storm men and it has to be said, my favourite. I often get asked how I come up with my characters and so I figured I'd share some fun facts about Scott Cole –
- His book almost never made it to publication. I struggled with Fierce, unsure of whether readers would connect with Scott as much as they seemed to love J. And then, the night before I was due to publish the book, my friend told me she disliked Scott. I went into panic mode, wishing she had told me this earlier than the NIGHT BEFORE PUBLISHING! I was frozen with the decision of what to do. If she hated him, would my readers hate him too? And then I asked her the one question that gave me hope. “Did you like J?” I asked. She told me she didn't like him either and so I figured if she hated J but my readers loved him, then hopefully they would also go against her assessment of Scott. Thank God I ran with my gut and my own love for him because Scott Cole is possibly the favourite Storm man of most of my readers (well, besides those who hold an undying obsession with J!).
- Scott Cole is a mix of all the good men in my life with a side of bossy thrown in. Scott came across as a moody asshole in Storm, but I knew he was better than that and as I wrote Fierce and he revealed himself to me, I realised he was made up from pieces of some of the men in my life. I tried to build his character from scratch, but that didn't work. In the end, I simply began typing and let him fall onto the page. He would have to be one of my favourite characters to write because he's completely in control – of himself, his woman (well actually that's debatable!), his club – everything. I love writing a character who just follows his instincts, takes charge and gets shit done. I have to say, though, that I also love writing a woman for that man such as Harlow who gives as good as she gets! The banter between these two makes me smile huge while writing.
- My favourite Storm books are Command and Fierce. I guess that means he really is my favourite 😉 He got a little sappy on me in Command, but even while I was writing those scenes they felt right. When Scott Cole loves, he loves hard! And he doesn't care who knows it or how he shows it.
If you have any questions for me about my characters, books, writing etc, keep them in mind because I am going to start a weekly Q&A post and I'll be asking you soon to start submitting your questions.
Thanks for stopping by!