Those eyes, though!!
So, I got to thinking the other day and realised two things –
- We can never have too many alphas on our E-readers. Right?!
- Christmas is a time of giving and as women we rarely give to ourselves.
And so I decided that you probably didn't give yourself a Christmas present, which led me to also deciding your Kindle might be in need of an alpha injection 😉
AND that's when I whipped up a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card… the link to enter is at the end of this post. Good luck!!
Speaking of alphas… Scott Cole – have you met him yet? He's one of my Storm men and it has to be said, my favourite. I often get asked how I come up with my characters and so I figured I'd share some fun facts about Scott Cole –
- His book almost never made it to publication. I struggled with Fierce, unsure of whether readers would connect with Scott as much as they seemed to love J. And then, the night before I was due to publish the book, my friend told me she disliked Scott. I went into panic mode, wishing she had told me this earlier than the NIGHT BEFORE PUBLISHING! I was frozen with the decision of what to do. If she hated him, would my readers hate him too? And then I asked her the one question that gave me hope. “Did you like J?” I asked. She told me she didn't like him either and so I figured if she hated J but my readers loved him, then hopefully they would also go against her assessment of Scott. Thank God I ran with my gut and my own love for him because Scott Cole is possibly the favourite Storm man of most of my readers (well, besides those who hold an undying obsession with J!).
- Scott Cole is a mix of all the good men in my life with a side of bossy thrown in. Scott came across as a moody asshole in Storm, but I knew he was better than that and as I wrote Fierce and he revealed himself to me, I realised he was made up from pieces of some of the men in my life. I tried to build his character from scratch, but that didn't work. In the end, I simply began typing and let him fall onto the page. He would have to be one of my favourite characters to write because he's completely in control – of himself, his woman (well actually that's debatable!), his club – everything. I love writing a character who just follows his instincts, takes charge and gets shit done. I have to say, though, that I also love writing a woman for that man such as Harlow who gives as good as she gets! The banter between these two makes me smile huge while writing.
- My favourite Storm books are Command and Fierce. I guess that means he really is my favourite 😉 He got a little sappy on me in Command, but even while I was writing those scenes they felt right. When Scott Cole loves, he loves hard! And he doesn't care who knows it or how he shows it.
If you have any questions for me about my characters, books, writing etc, keep them in mind because I am going to start a weekly Q&A post and I'll be asking you soon to start submitting your questions.
ENTER HERE FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A $20 AMAZON GIFT CARD
Thanks for stopping by!
I love all of your books and cannot wait until the next book is released!!?
Thank you so much, Sandra <3
I loved Scott as well!!! You wrote his story perfectly and I’m glad you did Command as well sometimes a reader wants a little more Alpha!!! Blade’s story was awesome as well didnt know how it would blend with the others but it did!!! You are my new favorite author…
Thank you, Cynthia!! I’m so glad you are loving the books 🙂 xx
No comment Just to coming to say I LOVE YA
Thank you, Patti <3 I can't wait to meet you one day xx
Luv the Storm men. Do u have a new series in mind for after Storm. Not that I can even contemplate life after. Lol
Thank you so much <3 I do have a series planned! Do you remember Serena from Storm (Madison's best friend)? She will get a book with a man named Zane (at the risk of confusing you here, if you have read any of the Roxie chapters, her dude, Liam, works for Zane so it's like a crossover type series – lots of intersecting of characters coming up!). Actually, you've just given me a great idea for a blog post so check back and look for it – I will write up my plans to connect all my series 🙂 xx
Awesome. Thank u Nina. That means we still get our Storm fix. ?
I love all your books. I am going to start the one you just finished. Thank you again.
As always Nina I’m on pins and needles waiting for your next book.
Love the way your mind works 😉
Thanks very much for the chance, 🙂
Love your books, waiting on more
Look forward to each of your books, MC, is my thing right now tho…?
Thank you.. I neglected a whole lot of stuff when I was reading the series. It’s good to get lost like that sometimes…your books are awesome..
Love the Storm MC books!! keep them coming please:)
You are a new to me author and I can’t wait to read this series!
Loved every single one of the Storm books and men, also love the Crave series. The books I’m waiting for are Kings, oh and more from Havoc(hopefully you are writing more of these). Looking forward to my continued relationship with all the Strom men. Hope your New Year is amazing.
I have all of the Storm series and am really happy that you are coming out with another book, thank you. Can not wait!!!
Checked out your new web site, it was awesome, and I love your books.
I will start reading Storm today 🙂
I hope you love it, Debbie! xx
I am just starting your books which do you recommend I start with. Thank you in advance for your time
Hi Jodie, I recommend you start with either Storm (if you love bikers) or All Your Reasons (if you love rockstars). Both are free and the links are on my site 🙂 xx
Enjoy your books, a must buy for me.
Hi, I remember reading j and Madison and thinking it was an ok story and yep I’d buy another of your books. That was then and this is now, your writing gets stronger and stronger with each character and I love all of your books. I’ve just finished command and was drawn into all of the characters again. You are the writer that I stop doing all my housework for, daydream about your characters when I’m at work and lose myself completely. Please don’t stop not only with storm but all of them. Thank you so much for all of your stories x
I’m loving your new look. Congratulations!
I have loved all your books and couldn’t stop reading them. I anxiously await your new books and preorder all of them. Thank you that.
Thank you so much, Peggy! xx
I’m so excited to read Storm!! Thank you!!
Awesome giveaway!!!! Thank you for this opportunity.
Thank you very much for the opportunity!
I never miss reading any of your books. I have to say you are one of my favorite writers.
Thank you so much, Melody! xx